DUBLIN, September 17, 2021 / PRNewswire / – The “Health Ambitions: Tech Giants” ” Report was added to ResearchAndMarkets.com to offer.
The triumphant advance of the technology giants in healthcare continues – but for what purpose?
COVID-19 has accelerated the digital health agenda and raised stakeholder awareness of the value of technology across the health landscape.
As more tech companies move into the healthcare space, the challenge for the pharmaceutical industry is to engage and leverage technical skills in AI and machine learning to unlock the insights from its vast repositories of data and its scientific and commercial operations and performance to improve. Partnerships and co-working may increasingly shape pharma / tech relationships, but when does collaboration become competition?
To investigate the growing ambitions of large tech companies in healthcare, we interviewed pharmaceutical and healthcare technology experts. In Ambitions in Health: Tech Giants, they show how they see the pharma-tech relationship working, the touchpoints of mutual interest, and the operational challenges each sector faces.
Pharmaceutical and tech experts investigate key questions:
- How are technology giants changing the landscape of healthcare stakeholders?
- Alphabet (Google), Apple, Microsoft, Amazon and IBM: Where do they work and what are their ambitions?
- What impact will the COVID-19 pandemic have on tech giants’ health projects and the big tech-pharma relationship?
- How have data protection laws affected the development of digital health solutions by tech giants?
- Do big tech companies compete for the same opportunities as the pharmaceutical industry? If so, what is the impact of this inter-branch tension?
- How will AI-based technologies change the future of drug discovery?
- It’s all about people: how can the pharmaceutical industry compete for digital, analytical and AI talent?
Case studies included
- Amazon’s Improvement in Prescription Drug Delivery and Patient Support
- Dealing with Large-Scale COVID Requests: Google’s Rapid Response Virtual Agent Program
- Steth IO’s device for remote monitoring of COVID-19
- Premier Health works with IBM to develop administrative workflow solutions
- Microsoft is improving its clinical trial recruitment processes with AI
- Johnson & Johnson’s partnership with Apple for atrial fibrillation clinical research
What to Expect
An in-depth report examining where and how tech giants are driving the digital health revolution, and the implications and opportunities for the pharmaceutical industry:
- An exploration of 14 key issues that drive the behavior and ambitions of tech giants
- 20 specific questions for pharmaceutical and health technology experts
- Their responses, which yielded 65 insights, supported by 108 directly cited comments
Results: Includes a PDF report and a PowerPoint slide deck
Ambitions in Health: Tech Giants will be delivered as:
- A detailed PDF report with all findings, quotes and intelligence exhibits
- A useful PowerPoint slide deck with a summary of the main findings of the report for presentations and exchanges with colleagues
For more information on this report, see https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/2qlc3q
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura wood, Senior manager
For EST office hours, call + 1-917-300-0470. at
For US / CAN toll free call + 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call + 353-1-416-8900. at
US Fax: 646-607-1904
Fax (outside the US): + 353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets