The Rochester Planning and Zoning Commission will review plans to add 141 apartments as the second phase of the Technology Park Apartments complex at 3731 Technology Drive.
The project developed by Nate Stencil from Sioux Falls, SD-based Stencil Group already comprises 166 apartments in two buildings. Stencil has said that the apartments’ success since opening in 2019 has led to the proposed expansion.
Rochester City Council approved a preliminary plan for the project on June 7th.
The city’s community development staff recommend approving the final plan with some additional requirements on the design documents, including identifying the placement of an electrical transformer and a garbage storage facility for the complex.
The Wednesday’s review during the 6pm meeting of the commission in the council chamber of the borough’s government center is not scheduled with a public hearing, but Rochester City Council will be asked to make a final decision on the project at a later date.
The following meetings are planned for the week of August 9th:
• Study meeting of the city council, 3:30 pm Monday in the city council chamber of the city district government center, 151 Vierte Str. SE. The meeting will be broadcast live at www.rochestermn.gov/agendas and be available on Spectrum Cable Channel 180 or 188 and Metronet Channel 80.
• Energy Commission, 4.30 p.m. Wednesday in room 104 of the town hall.
• Planning and development commission, Wednesday 6 pm in the council chamber of the government center.
• Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Board, Wednesday, 6.30 p.m., room 104 of the town hall.
• Human Services Advisory Board Retreat, Wednesday 7:00 am, Conference Room 161, 2117 Campus Drive SE, Rochester.
• Zumbro One Watershed, One Plan Policy Committee, 4.30pm Thursday in the polling center conference room, 2122 Campus Drive SE, Rochester.
• Human Rights Commission, Thursday 6 pm in the meeting rooms of the government center of the city district.