Mumbai, India – (BUSINESS WIRE) –Hyperice, a high-performance global wellness brand specializing in percussion, dynamic air compression, vibration, thermal technology, mind technology and contrast therapy, today announced Indian cricketer Virat Kohli as a Hyperice athlete investor and new brand ambassador. Through the partnership, Virat Kohli will work with Hyperice to further accelerate the wellness category as it begins its expansion into India and continues its growth around the world. Virat Kohli joins an unmatched list of global top athlete investors, including global soccer superstar Erling Haaland, four-time tennis grand slam winner Naomi Osaka, Super Bowl MVP Patrick Mahomes, NBA star Ja Morant and the PGA TOUR champion Rickie Fowler.
As the captain of India’s men’s cricket team and the Royal Challengers Bangalore, Virat has ranked number one in all formats of the game throughout his career and is currently the fourth highest tracked athlete on Instagram, testament to his immense popularity and reach.
Newly at the top of the national team against a five-game test series against England, Virat Kohli said: “As athletes, we are defined by the way we train and compete. Hyperice has made a number of innovative products available to me that have continuously helped me to optimize my performance and recovery. Hyperice is committed to helping people move around the world better and I look forward to helping tell their story in my home country, India and beyond. “
“Virat is one of the most prolific cricketers in the world and we are honored to have him join the Hyperice team,” said Jim Huether, Hyperice CEO. “We’re on a mission to help everyone move around and live better, and Virat is key to increasing the importance of both mental and physical well-being for all people – both on and off the field. ”
Hyperice was founded in 2010 by Anthony Katz, who has worked closely with numerous professional athletes and teams to start a movement around performance recovery technology. What began as an ice and compression sleeve has since grown into numerous product lines and categories, including the award-winning Hypervolt, Vyper, Venom and Normatec lines.
Earlier this month, Hyperice announced its next evolution into a holistic high-performance wellness brand. The multi-pronged transformation, led by Hyperice’s recent takeover of the mental wellness company core, the third acquisition in the last 18 months, is accompanied by a new brand identity and global branding campaign and anchored by a range of new products and industry-first technologies.
After taking over Restore X In December 2020, Hyperice recently launched its new cutting-edge innovation – Hyperice X – the world’s first wearable contrast therapy device. Hyperice-X Contrast Therapy creates a localized cycle of alternating heat and cold in the area for recovery and rehabilitation. This combines the best of both worlds with all the benefits of freezing and heat therapy as a whole in one device that temporarily numbs pain and relieves inflammation (cold), soothes stiff joints and relaxes muscles (hot) in the treated areas. .all without ice, cables or water.
In parallel with the launch of Hyperice X, Hyperice announced new generations of its hugely popular Hypervolt and Vyper lines:
- Hypervolt 2: The Hypervolt 2 offers noticeable updates over the original, including an improved ergonomic design and a lower weight. Three powerful percussion speeds give the muscles the relief they wanted every day.
- Hypervolt 2 Pro: With the Hypervolt 2 Pro, users get the same powerful percussion massage therapy that the world’s best athletes have, right in the palm of their hand. Five speeds, set via a new adjustable dial, relieve stiff muscles so users can train and relax like a pro.
- Vyper 3: All systems activated. The updated design and three speeds of the Vyper 3 vibrating roller help prepare and warm up the body with a powerful vibratory massage.
- Vyper Go: The next iteration of Hyperice’s “Go” line. After the Hypervolt-Go In 2020, the Vyper Go is a portable vibrating scooter that activates muscles so users can feel their best at home or on the go before activity.
Hyperice also reintroduced its latest acquisition, Core by Hyperice, as the company enters the realm of mental wellbeing:
- Core of Hyperice: Core is designed to help people find calm and improve focus and inner strength. Unlike other meditation apps, Core is an immersive meditation experience with an app and a portable meditation device designed to track heart rate and stress levels. Powered by the Core App, the specially designed Core Meditation Trainer uses biometrics to promote breath control and focus for those navigating meditation techniques. Core Premium subscribers also get access to an extensive library of teacher-led meditation sessions.
While the existing range of Hyperice products in India is based locally Chroma, the updated Hypervolt and Vyper products will roll out globally in late 2021, and Hyperice X and Core will roll out globally in 2022.
Hyperice is a technology-driven company with a huge mission to help all people on earth move and live better. For more than a decade, Hyperice has led a global movement at the intersection of relaxation and wellness, focusing on percussion (Hypervolt line), dynamic air compression (Normatec line), vibration (Vyper and Hypersphere lines), thermal technology (Venom Line). , Mind Technology (Core by Hyperice) and Contrast Therapy (Hyperice X). As a high performance holistic wellness brand, Hyperice is now for everyone – from the best athletes, leagues and teams to consumers around the world who want to unlock the best version of themselves to help them do what they love , more. Recognized as one of the Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company in 2021, Hyperice has applied its technology and expertise to industries such as fitness, hospitality, healthcare, massage, physical therapy, athletic performance and workplace wellness around the world. Hyperice’s transformative acquisitions of Normatec, RecoverX and Core have helped accelerate its innovation agenda as it moves into the next phase of global growth. See the redesigned for more information hyperice.com.